FIVE PLACES TO USE YOUR HEADSHOT PHOTO
Now, more than ever, it’s important to have an updated headshot for your online presence. People hold the internet in their hand, and it’s the first place they go when looking for a service or product. Your headshot gives people a glimpse at the person behind the brand, builds trust, and makes you approachable. Below is a list of five places to use your headshot photo (plus a few extras).
BUSINESS CARD & MARKETING MATERIALS
- Statistics show that people are less likely to throw away your business card if it has your photo on it.
- People will have an easier time remembering who you are. As an entrepreneur, it’s good practice to pass out business cards while at networking events and while out and about in the real world; you make quick connections and sometimes only have minutes to talk to someone.
- Your headshot photo adds a personal touch to your emails when the recipient can see your smiling face.
- Your website is your storefront. You have milliseconds to make a good first impression on visitors.
- As of writing this article, 1.8 billion people shop online (Statistica 2018), and that number is growing exponentially—87% of shoppers now begin product and service searches online.
- There is a multitude of options in just about every single service or product category. People are looking for a connection, something to draw them into hiring you or buying from you. When they see the real and relatable person behind the brand, they’re much more likely to buy from you than someone else.
- This one speaks for itself; 79% of the United States population has a social networking profile. Facebook is the world’s third most visited website after Google and YouTube. 92% of all Instagram users follow brands, click through to websites, or make a purchase from the platform. YouTube has more than 2 billion monthly visitors, and Pinterest has 335 million monthly users. Crazy, right?
- People are scrolling and clicking pretty fast on these platforms—attention spans are dwindling.
BOOK COVER, SPEAKING GIGS, PUBLISHED ARTICLES, PODCASTS
- You never know where your path will take you as an entrepreneur. You’ll create opportunities to write your own book, start your own podcast, be a guest on someone else’s podcast, get published in magazines, speak at networking groups, or speak on stage at large conferences worldwide. The opportunities are limitless. It’s always good to be prepared with an updated headshot.