THE MESSAGE BEHIND THE NAME: HUMMINGBIRD DESIGN CO.
Some people laugh at the business name Hummingbird Design Co., some scoff while rolling their eyes, and others ask out of curiosity, “Where did the name Hummingbird Design Co. come from?”
I chose the name hummingbird because of what this small beautiful creature can accomplish along with what it symbolizes:
- Hummingbirds are the smallest migrating birds. Instead of migrating in flocks they often travel alone for up to 500 miles.
- Hummingbirds are the most agile birds on the planet. Their wings move in a figure-eight pattern—infinite sign—allowing them the ability to fly up, down, forward, backward, and, they can hover like a helicopter.
- Hummingbirds can fly as fast as 30 mph and can get up to about 50 mph during a dive.
- Hummingbirds can travel 2000 to 4000 miles during their migration. The Rufous hummingbird migrates from Mexico to Alaska and back each year. Other hummingbird species migrate from South America to Canada and back each year.
- The hummingbird heart beats over 1200 times per minute while flying and they take between 150-250 breaths per minute.
- These fast tiny creatures also need to rest. When food is scarce or they feel fatigued, they go into a hibernation-like state called torpor.
- These tiny creatures have the largest brain relative to body size in the bird species, 4.2%. They also have a good memory and can remember where specific feeders and flowers are, and often take the same route during migration.
- They use their long beak to go straight for the nectar of a flower—right to the good stuff.
- The hummingbird symbolizes joy, healing, beauty, sweetness, messages from spirit, and good luck.
- The hummingbird reminds us to welcome and honor diversity and variety.
These tiny creatures are powerful.
You are powerful beyond measure.
The hummingbird is not designed to fly and yet it makes the impossible journey twice per year.
Embrace and honor your own journey of personal transformation.
The hummingbird says yes to the calling.
Say yes to YOUR calling.
The hummingbird embraces the unknown with deep courage.
Know that you have what it takes to step into the unknown and walk a path that no one else is walking.
Spread your wings and take flight.
Live like a hummingbird—fast, efficient, and fearless.